Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2016 e450 5.4 2v misfire

More
4 years 4 months ago #35649 by Rodunn
Ok so I work for a bus fleet we have an issue with oil leaking out of the passenger side heads we remove the engine send the heads out install all new gaskets on these things this was we have an engine ready for the next one I've done many of them this one is giving me complications has a cylinder 2 and 8 misfire checked coils with scope checked spark plugs even though they were brand new swapped coils and spark plugs anyway to see if the mis fire would follow it didnt hooked scope to injectors found when check engine light starts flashing pcm is shutting those injectors of has a cerry light misfire those cylinders every so often but when you hold rpms to2500 that's when the injectors shut off and misfire like crazy could t find any vac leaks I triple check my timing Mark's before i install timing and valve covers I'm lost tomorrow morning I will be swapping injectors just to try at this point

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #35654 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic 2016 e450 5.4 2v misfire
It can't be chance that #2 and #8 are companion cylinders... Has anyone done the Misfire Neutral Profile Correction procedure yet? It sounds like the PCM may be chasing a phantom misfire. :silly:

More
4 years 4 months ago #35658 by Rodunn
Replied by Rodunn on topic 2016 e450 5.4 2v misfire
I'll have to try that also tomorrow a tech in another region said he couldn't figure it out they nent it to the dealer and dealer couldn't verify issue and ran fine ever since

More
4 years 4 months ago #35660 by Cheryl
Replied by Cheryl on topic 2016 e450 5.4 2v misfire
Make sure your engine vacuum is good and solid just Incase the machinists made a mistake

More
4 years 4 months ago #35663 by Rodunn
Well that's the other issue we use our napa and they send it to some one they work with these heads were sent back and fourth to the machine shop 3 times and we sent them back when they got back to us cause they looked like hell napa now works with a new machine shop

More
4 years 4 months ago #35665 by Rodunn
Thanks yall I'll update tomorrow

More
4 years 4 months ago #35668 by Rodunn
Thank you Tyler that's exactly what it was strange I've never ran into this issue before I'm embarrassed as the lead tech of my shop not knowing this thank you for the help

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds