Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

13 nissan altima 2.5 p0335

More
4 years 4 months ago #35556 by bandrauto
I was wondering if maybe any of you have any insight. have a nissan altima. extended or no crank after clearing code. once you get it to start, it'll start no problem. wave form appears to be fine, with no irregularities, besides some random spikes. cam signals look fine. when i saw that, i mean, they are square, i can't find what the actual waveform is supposed to be.

now, we have another car, a nissan sentra that does the same thing exactly. that one someone else has had and had replaced everything and it still does it as well. also, the timing is good on it as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #35563 by Andy.MacFadyen
The engine computer certainly doesn't like something it is seeing from the sensor.
Does the code reappear immediately ?
The code definition and your description would tend to suggest to me. an issue with the sensor itself or its wiring. Where are you tapped into the sensor signal wire the sensor end or the ECU end ?

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
4 years 4 months ago #35565 by bandrauto
when i tap in to it, im right at the sensor connector. i put a lab scope on it this morning to watch it. when the signal starts to mess up, my 5v doesnt go away, but the signal gets off. it starts fine cold, but once it gets a bad signal, it has a hard time starting. so, it looks like it might be the sensor as its an aftermarket sensor.

on a side note, is there anyway to watch a ground with a lab scope? im not a very advanced user with them, i have some basic knowledge, im just wondering if i need to watch it with a dvom as well to make sure im not loosing continuity too?

More
4 years 4 months ago #35566 by Andy.MacFadyen
If heat is involved you are probably looking at a bad sensor.

To check grounds usual putting a little extra load on it and. onnecting the scope ground to battery ground.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
4 years 4 months ago #35674 by bandrauto
thank you guys for your replies. the code didn't return instantly which was why i originally thought sensor, unfortunately, this car was at another shop trying to fix this problem as well, which i found this out later. so it made me second guess what i was seeing. They had replaced crank and both cam sensor. they did not use OE though, which an OE sensor fixed this problem. After engine warmed up a bit, the signal would start crapping out and go erratic. trying to start up while warm gave it a hard or no start. New OE sensor, ran for 20 minutes, waveform looked great. drove for 15 miles, stopped and started right back up. FIXED

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds