Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Can issues , power seats, radio

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #35548 by Jmihalchik
Hello all. Need a little guidance. Working on a 2012 Mercedes C250. Customer had a prior shop replaced the EIS, stating that was the issue causing the no start, random start up stall out once moved. After no fixi got the car, Customer had water infiltrate the vehicle and submerged a star connector on the power train can bus. Under the passenger floor board, Once I removed the water and replaced the connector, car started and ran with no issues. Not thinking to check the seats , customer comes to get car and can’t move the seats. Radio also does not work which they did not have a concern about.

I have checked power and grounds on the seat module and the radio and all is well. Radio will blip on if I communicate with the scan tool, but only for 1/2 a second. Both the radio and the seat module have a P061000 code (attached). I scoped the interior can bus and all seems alive and well with the signal (in link in reply). Do you think this is just a programming issue of the replacement EIS?
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Jmihalchik.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
More
4 years 4 months ago #35550 by Cheryl
I’d agree with you it’s a coding issue. Any coding can be done with the scanner you have?? Probably dealer only

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds