Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Distributor signals to ECU 1995 4Runner V6 3VZ-E engine

More
4 years 4 months ago #35545 by Batiscafo
1995 4Runner, V6 engine 3VZ-E with distributor
Had a lo power, rough idling and sometimes quit at the lights,

Changed plugs and wires,
had codes 12 and 14
Trying to hood the scope Hantek to the distributor output (4 wires) since it seems to me that the engine goes in limping mode if that exist in OBD1.

I have only Haynes books and cannot find which pins to use to see of the distributor is puling out the signal or the ECU is not getting because of cable problems
I need the wiring schematic for this engine (3VZ-E) for that. My Hantek 1008C is giving me problems and waiting for a new laptop windows 10 to see if that will resolve the scope problems. using Ver 1,30 that came with small CD,

Any pointers to get the wiring diagram,or sections to identify outputs to ECM cable colors and pin-out for those signals at the ECM will be greatly appreciated. The car is from one neighbor, I am doing the job as a favor/no-charge, and owner does not have the funds to just replace things only on suspicions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds