Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

09 Fusion 2.3 IMRC stuck open. changed solenoid, same problem

More
4 years 4 months ago #35430 by tchaudhry10
came in with an IMRC (intake manifold runner control) stuck open bank 1. Found the solenoid to be defective. Changed solenoid and vehicle came back with same code.

I have good power and ground, can activate/deactivate imrc via scan tool, wiring is good and no vacuum leaks. When I start the car with the solenoid unplugged, circuit is activated for a couple of seconds then deactivates.

With the solenoid plugged in, it engages and I can see the actuator moving. I can unplug the solenoid or vacuum connection at solenoid to verify the actuator linkage is moving. If I unplug the source vacuum of the solenoid and leave it unplugged for a couple of seconds, the solenoid deactivates. otherwise it does not.

any suggestions? What else should I look for?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #35432 by Cheryl
You have a wiring diagram for the system?? Maybe it has a position sensor and the voltage isn’t changing while the actuator is moving

More
4 years 4 months ago #35455 by Tyler
Which code are you getting, specifically?

I agree with Cheryl. It sounds like whatever feedback sensor the PCM uses to gauge if the IMRC moved or not isn't happy with the IMRC performance.

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds