Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

1995 f150 stalling and intermittent restart

More
4 years 4 months ago #35394 by Poq600
Hi all. My 95 f150. 5.0 140k miles is stalling after starting and on the road. Initially I Found no spark,replaced bad tfi module on fender. Thanks Paul for teaching us that diagnostic procedure.
Truck May start intermittently just at the moment the ignition cylinder is released. The butterfly part is broken and will chime when moved, but I don't see how that affects the actual switch causing stalling. So I'm hoping I can get a complete ignition switch wiring diagram so I can backprobe it and see if and where I'm simply losing power, or can I do that at the pcm relay. I don't believe I'm losing power at stalling cause dash lights are still on, am I correct? That's why I'm leading toward a bad cmp sensor or loose rotary vane, or stripped distributor shaft gears. Any insight will help. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #35395 by Poq600
Sorry. Me again, Btw, I'm Peter. I originally thought com sensor cause I would get a coil sparking with Koeoff? How is that possible?,,unless the coil is being grounded somehow ?

More
4 years 4 months ago #35396 by Poq600
So I'm thinking as I'm writing. Could the tach wire grounding out cause a coil to spark with Koeoff?

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds