Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

99 Ford ranger 2wd 2.5L manual

More
4 years 4 months ago #35374 by Buddy#26
No crank no start just replaced complete wiring harness and wiring front to back computers everything new engine and transmission I have lights and horn dash lights up here ah click wen in on position but wen try to start nothing. ABS light comes on and I get dis flash code of (1) then (9) flashes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #35379 by Cheryl
Sounds like bad block ground or body ground. Try having someone crank it with test light connected to battery negative then touch the engine block or cylinder head and see if it lights during cranking. Then leave test light on battery negative touch body shouldn’t light either tests.

More
4 years 4 months ago #35402 by Tyler
I agree with Cheryl - keep it simple. ;) If those two tests don't show a problem, I'd go direct to the starter and start checking for power, ground and solenoid control with the same test light (connected to B-).

Does the CEL come on with the key on? Can you get trouble codes out of the PCM? Not flash codes, actual scan tool communication.

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds