Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2010 Cadillac CTS - Battery Reset

More
4 years 4 months ago #35361 by robert.lesaca
Though my scanner has a battery reset, unfortunatelys it does not support one for Cadillac or any GM model. Is there another way of resetting battery after a replacement was done? The cars starting fine exept the headlamps and signal lights dont work after battery replacemen; there are no other issues nor DTC...thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #35425 by robert.lesaca
Ok...I decided to check the BCM module; connected the CAN Hi and Lo to my laptop and this is the waveform with BCM X3 connector pluggedin :

File Attachment:

File Name: CANHiandLo...din1.pdf
File Size:470 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: CANHiandLo...din1.pdf

And this the wavform with the connector X3 unplugged :

File Attachment:

File Name: CANHiandLo...ged2.pdf

Like wise the terminating resistor read 62 ohms with X3 connector unplug and 122.7 plugged in.

I am not versed in CAN Bus. But does the waveform indicate short to ground in the CAN Lo? I checked power to all connectors and all read battery voltage. It was only the ground wire in connextor X3 that read 29.6 mv KOEO and 31.4 mv KOER. In the absence of a wiring diagram, I cannot trace wires thats connected to connector X3.

I hope someone out there can share his thoughts or expertise. I want to make sure if its a component or module that is defective. Thanks
Attachments:

More
4 years 4 months ago #35426 by Cheryl
In reality they both look wrong. You are supposed to see 2.5 yo 3.5 volts on can h and 2.5 to 1.5 can l. You sure you have a good scope ground?? If they looked like that then I’d suspect a no communication with the bus.

More
4 years 4 months ago #35427 by robert.lesaca
totally agree...yes ground is good, connected in BOB chassis ground.

More
4 years 4 months ago #35428 by Cheryl
What’s it look like at another module or even at the data link connector?

More
4 years 4 months ago #35433 by robert.lesaca
I have tried other modules yet...I just finishede checking the integrated power/fuse and relay box and noticed that the two bolts holding the main connectors was loose, hmmm just wondering if can be a cause

More
4 years 4 months ago #35907 by robert.lesaca
Sorry for the delayed followup...

The owner couldnt wait any longer and believes that it is the BCM that is faulty. Despite my telling him my intial tests showed otherwise, he took the car and bought a new BCM. A week later he called to ask if I can look at it again as the problem did not go away. This time I had to refuse and advise him to bring it to another shop instead.

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds