× Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2001 Merc CLK 320

• Diag-Man
  • Topic Author
More
26 Nov 2019 15:15 #35357 by Diag-Man
2001 Merc CLK 320 was created by Diag-Man
Is there any way of managing to scan this motor when I cannot turn the ignition on with the smart key, not a problem I’ve had before, all usual checks carried out no blown fuses doors unlock on fob just cannot turn key, I imagine the key or esi unit faulty so would like to find a way of scanning to confirm, but without a live ignition circuit l cannot scan. Is there away of doing this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Massachusetts, USA
More
02 Dec 2019 18:28 #35522 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic 2001 Merc CLK 320
I'm not sure about that Merc, but I just had a Saab where the smart key would not turn due to a mismatched integrated column module.
I was able to communicate with the antitheft module with just the key in the ignition. From there using the Launch x431, I was able to override the ignition lock out and turn the key on. From that point, I was able to communicate with all modules.

"Learn, apply, repeat."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diag-Man

• Diag-Man
  • Topic Author
More
05 Dec 2019 12:20 #35568 by Diag-Man
Replied by Diag-Man on topic 2001 Merc CLK 320
Might of helped at the time if my data cable to the kts scanner was not damaged, only just spotted it today when trying to scan another motor today. Repair cable and return to the Merc tomorrow and try again. Basic mistakes still happen even to the best of us.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.494 seconds