Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Secondary Air Injection Pump

More
4 years 4 months ago #35343 by RadMan049
2000 GMC Z71 4X4 SLT 5.3. I'm getting the code P0410. I replaced both secondary check valves because one of them wasn't closing all the way. (leaking) I noticed in your video when you applied power to the air injection pump from an outside source, the pump ran continually. When I do the same to my air pump, it will run for about two seconds then quit. Is this a sign that my pump is bad. I checked everything else. I can also disconnect the air pump and hook up a volt ohm meter to pump power connecter and it shows a constant 12 volts but, when connected the pump it doesn't run.. According to my manual the pump is supposed to run 4 minutes max after vehicle is started and the ECM will shut off the power source.. Help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #35363 by Matts Auto
Do you have a scan tool with bi-directional control capability? If so you should be able to command air pump on n off with scan tool. While commanded on it should run continuously until commanded off. Water intrusion is the main reason for secondary air system faults. Pull the larger diameter hose off pump and see if water runs out of pump/hose. Sounds like water may be stopping pump operation. I would suggest removing hose first before powering pump back on. (Maybe too late).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds