Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2 wire Hall effect wheel speed sensor shows wheel rotation with vehicle static

More
4 years 5 months ago #35284 by Basil
Has anyone seen this before please? Mercedes GL500 SUV with two wire Hall effect ABS sensors. Fault codes were extensive covering RF ABS and various transmission issues, but live data from Bosch KTS showed the RF wheel as turning erratically with the vehicle stationary! I cleaned the rust dusty and oily back face of the bearing seal with Q Tips (cotton buds on sticks) and alcohol and renewed the sensor, subject to a road test it now seems OK, but could magnetic dust cause a Hall effect to wrongly see wheel rotation? Thanks. I have another issue with this vehicle, long term negative 25% or so fuel trims on both banks and dreadful MPG,(even for a leviathan 5 litre V8) but will post a separate thread. Thanks to all :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #35286 by Andy.MacFadyen
I have seen more than a few issues metalic brake debris with the blue Bosch 2 wire Hall-Effect sensors on BMW and MG-Rover

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Basil

More
4 years 4 months ago #35338 by Basil
Thanks very much Andy, much appreciated :)

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds