Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Running lean from 1500 to 2500rpm

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #35269 by siddharth.patel
Hi folks, my vehicle which is a 2012, with 125,000miles,. The engine is straight 6, with variable intake cam, and variable intake length. 5 speed Automatic. Recently the engine is showing lean conditions, short terms are above 15% and reach 21% on bank 2 for a few seconds, long terms are stable at 10%, as the ECM compensates. Fuel pressure at the pressure regulator is within spec, i have changed the fuel filter recently, but not my fuel pump.

Can this be fuel pump related, if the short terms return to less than 10% above 3000rpm, but only lean between 1500rpm to 2500rpm?

Update: 2012 nissan patrol y61, auto 5 speed....not sold in the US or canada. no dtcs are logged, and no Mil. engine is drinking a bit more fuel since May 2019. i have changed the MAF, O2 sensors on both banks at 80000miles. Engine was rebuilt due to warped head leaking oil, luckily no overheating, as oil was leaking out of the back of the block/head gap and not mixing with coolant. I have cleaned the MAF recently, and it runs better from stop, but the Lean running is still present from 1500-2500rpm. I have checked the fuel pump pressure, and it is within spec at idle, and when throttle is snapped.
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by siddharth.patel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds