Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Serial Data Gateway Module ??? CODE 95

More
4 years 5 months ago #35138 by mr_william
2017 Chevy Spark 1LT 1.4ltr

Strange issue for me. Car was driving perfectly. Shut it off, got back in it, and now the following symptoms:
No speedometer
No tachometer
No fuel gauge
Nothing in the info display in dash (odometer does not work, stuck at mileage at time of troubles)
Backup camera does not work
buttons on steering wheel do not work
Radio will not shut off automatically when you get out of the car.
The airbag, steering, check engine, traction control lights are all on.

The car still cranks, runs, and drives. The headlights, wipers, heat/ac, turn signals all still work. The car drives fine.

The display in the dash says CODE 95 and shows a little owners manual icon. I look that code up, it says, service airbag.

We took the car back to where we bought it from, a Chevy dealership. They did some diagnostics, not tearing anything apart, at least too much. They said that several modules were not communicating and that they highly doubted that all of those modules had failed, and suggested I needed a Serial Data Gateway Module. The part is only $40 online but they wanted $700 in labor to replace it. I cant really toss out $700 right now so I was looking at replacing it myself.

My question is in two parts:
1) Does it sound like the Gateway Module is the problem?
2) Suppose I do replace it myself, does it need to be programmed? Will the car still run to get it to the dealer to program it?

Any help you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
William
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: jonathan1994

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds