Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2006 Chrysler Pacifica 3.5l. Hard start, will start and run but will not drive.

More
4 years 5 months ago #35104 by Bocephus89
This passed week I customer brought me a vehicle they got for cheap. The customer told me they didn’t know what was wrong with it and that it stalls out, will barely drive. She stated the the previous owner had the fuel pump and timing changed along with many other things. I got the car and it wouldn’t idle, would rev up and down by itself. I changed the IAT SENSOR AND THE MAP sensor. Where the only two codes. I then started the car still hard to start but will idle normally. After trying to drive the car it still stalls out. After getting it the the shop the code P0339 showed, I changed the sensor the code cleared, but still stalling. I was watching a case study you had done some time ago with a Chrysler 3.5l Maybe was a 2005 model and the issue there was the owner installed a new cam sprocket with the wrong window count. The issue there was they installed a junk yard motor from an older year, and in the years in between Dodge changed the sprocket count. I called the dealer ship and they said that there is no was for them to print out the scope tool reading for me to compare with a known good cam and crank sensor. With out being able to use a scope tool I’m stumped.

Is there any advice I can get I can count the window on the back of the cam sprocket.... the sequence I have is 2-1-3-1-2-3. The one in the case study was 1-2-3-1-2-...-repeats and ironically this car also had a used motor from an older year installed. Also the 5v ref is at both sensors and the signals also have 5v ref grounds are good

Vin # 2A4Gm68486R762613

Motor code# 69k341520527

The last eight for both should be identical

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
4 years 5 months ago #35146 by Noah
If thats true about the last 8 being identical, then the engine is from a 2004.
10th digit is the year and the first digit in the final 8.
The car is a 6, 2006
The engine is a 4, 2004

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #35147 by Noah
Judging by the search results from car-part.com

www.car-part.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi

The direct interchange appears to be 2005-2006 only

Edit:. I don't know why the link doesn't work, but here's a screen shot of available engines for sale. Only 05 and 06 listings. If anything else fit, I'd expect to see it listed here

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Noah.

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds