Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

1996 F150 5.0L, auto, Engine Stall/Stumble

More
4 years 6 months ago #34865 by tom.lake
I have a strange stall/stumble problem on my 1996 F150 5.0L. After sitting overnight or for more than 18 hours on the first startup and within 4 or 5 miles of driving the truck it will stumble one time for 1 second then continue on. If I am moving the engine will not stall but it jerks, after the second all is normal and it will never stumble again until it sites overnight. I've checked for codes but nothing is stored. I connected a fuel pressure gauge, its normal, and drove it but it didn't do it that time. If I let it warm up for 10 minute or so and then drive, it doesn't happen. If I start driving within a minute of starting up, it does it. Need help and advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #34871 by Cheryl
How’s throttle position sensor look on scanner drop outs?

More
4 years 6 months ago #34969 by J Barber
Possible carbon buildup on intake valves.
It will absorb the fuel on initial startup after sitting overnight causing a lean condition until it becomes saturated.

Time to create page: 0.224 seconds