Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2007 saturn aura park light blowing fuse.

More
4 years 6 months ago #34834 by dustin.moen1
customer concern of tail lights dont work. i found they have been replacing fuse #6 in the rear fuse block when it blows. there up to 30 amps lol.
Fuse 6 powers the park lamp relay #27, then that feeds all the park lamps, front and rear.
all bulbs are shining bright, even the license plate bulb.

im trying to actually learn to track these problems efficently. normally id have shaken this harness appart till i maybe found where it blows the fuse. theres gotta be a better way. ive had fuse boxes in these GM's short out internally too, and it also runs through the front fuse box too.

will try to attatch the diagrams i am looking at.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aboudi.naddaf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #34835 by Cheryl
Does it blow instantly when you turn the lights on? If so that’ll be easier than an intermittent

More
4 years 6 months ago #34836 by dustin.moen1
No, it was blown when it came in, and there’s a pile of blown ones scattered in the truck ranging in size. It will not blow now. I went and drove it, and tried to get it to blow and it will not blow for me. She said sometimes it goes a few days and sometimes it’s minutes apart.

More
4 years 6 months ago #34837 by Cheryl
Yea that’s going to be a little more difficult

More
4 years 6 months ago #34854 by TheTechWhisperer
Intermittent fuses blowing are certainly not fun. Here are a few tips I will give you that will hopefully help:

- When there are actuators or motors on the circuit, I always look at what the amperage of the circuit is running at with my amp clamp when I turn the load on. I expect it to operate at roughly 60%-70% of whatever the fuse is rated at.

- I look at vehicle history, ask the customer as many questions as possible, and walk around the vehicle, noting signs of body shop repairs, trailer hitches, or anything aftermarket at all that requires electricity.

- I run a FULL fault report for the entire vehicle. I have been fortunate enough many times to find codes in body modules that sometimes give me a hint to focus on a certain area, (codes that we normally deem as insignificant in other circumstances).

- In cases specifically related to exterior lighting like this, I will pull back the rubber boots that protect the harness at hinging points. I also look for signs of moisture intrusion on all the exterior lenses, and burn marks/melted connectors for the exterior lights.

- But FIRST.... Before I do ANY of this..... I check TSB's... :) (I didn't post the whole thing, but if you need the entire TSB just let me know)

#PIC3385F: Repeated Park LPS Fuse Open (Additional
Information) - keywords B2585 B2585-06 B2625
B2625-02 BCM brake DTC dimming fuse hazard IPC
LPS MIL repeat STG SVS - (Feb 8, 2010)

Subject: Repeated Park LPS Fuse Open (additional information)

Models: 2005-2009 Chevrolet Cobalt
2004-2007 Chevrolet Malibu/Maxx
2008 Chevrolet Malibu (Classic)
2008 - 2009 Chevrolet Malibu (new body style)
2007-2009 Pontiac G5
2005-2009 Pontiac G6
2005-2006 Pontiac Pursuit (Canada Only)
2007-2009 Saturn Aura

"You will always find the greatest fulfillment in life when you are operating in the gifts God gave you"- Dad

National Director of Technical Training & Mechanical Operations - Express Oil Change & Tire Engineers
ASE Master L1 Tech
BMW Master Tech
Ford FACT Advanced Electronics Instructor

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #34867 by dustin.moen1
I did check for codes, none present. Just one for a purge valve. Fixed it.
I cannot for the life of me get the wiring diagram posted.
In total this fuse powers the relay, the relay powers 8 light bulbs, the trunk release, and a rear headphone jack. All bulbs appear to work along with the trunk. So there’s 10 power wires.

I am not proud, but I got sloppy. All 10 wires are loomed together right out of the fuse box. I cut each wire and put 3 amp fuses inline on each circuit. She’s going to drive it for the weekend and stop back Monday and I’ll see if any have blown. I also changed the relay. If it blows the main original fuse I know it’s a fuse block issue. If it blows one of my 10, I atleast know which circuit to go after.
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by dustin.moen1.

More
4 years 6 months ago #34869 by Cheryl
What was the rest of the tsb?

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #34959 by VegasJAK
I thought you did a good job thinking outside the box... as long as you got the right power lines, I think your idea will pay off.

Your wiring diagram did not post.

"an open mind let's knowledge flow in and wisdom flow out for a man who has neither never listens to those who have both".
Being wrong doesn't bother me, it's being right and not understanding why that does
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by VegasJAK.

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #34977 by TheTechWhisperer

Cheryl wrote: What was the rest of the tsb?

If you don't have any access to alldata, mitchell, identifix, ect... Then a quick Google search of "#PIC3385F: Repeated Park LPS Fuse Open" will bring you to the full TSB

"You will always find the greatest fulfillment in life when you are operating in the gifts God gave you"- Dad

National Director of Technical Training & Mechanical Operations - Express Oil Change & Tire Engineers
ASE Master L1 Tech
BMW Master Tech
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by TheTechWhisperer. Reason: typo

More
4 years 6 months ago #34978 by TheTechWhisperer
The harness rubs against the seat rails/track under the drivers seat

ASE Master L1 Tech
BMW Master Tech

More
4 years 6 months ago #34983 by dustin.moen1
theres multiple TSP's yes! illumination wires in the frnt doors could be rubbed, or pinched. not my case, wires could be rubed under the back seat, also not my case, also one for wires rubbed in the A pillar for the dome lamps. i had all that apart last week when the car was in the first time. she called me yesterday saying her cruise control waskicking off on her on a trip, and she had to pull back on the pedal for the brake lights to shut off. new brake switch, bpp relearn and good as gold. checked my fuses i installed, and none of them are blown yet.

Maybe it was the relay i replaced, or i may have disrupted the root problem checking the bulliten areas. I am hoping to see this car soon with it blowing a fuse, im wanting to find this problem. but its hard to fix whats not currenty broke per say.

More
1 year 7 months ago #58490 by Jacen
I know this is an older post but it helped in tracking down my problem and I thought I would share my solution.
2007 Saturn Aura. The illumination wire(grey) for the drivers seat heater button was shorting to ground on the seat frame. I removed the plastic cover for the lower seat belt bolt and the two screws for the plastic cover holding the switch. I thoroughly taped the wire and added split wire loom tubing.

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds