Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

No crank no start

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #34673 by Southernfiy
2003 ford ranger edge 3.0, manual transmission, when applying clutch and turn ignition to crank it does not crank. A couple of times if you slam the clutch hard to the floorboard it would crank and run. Turn switch off and back on push clutch in and back to no crank no start. The slave cyn. has been replaced about 3 to 4 months ago because it started this whole process. Has new battery and new starter, ( new neutral cranking switch.( hope this is correct part).
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Southernfiy. Reason: Added another new item

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #34674 by Cheryl
Replied by Cheryl on topic No crank no start
Try unplugging the clutch switch jumping it with a jumper wire? Then retest?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Southernfiy

More
4 years 4 months ago #34675 by Chad
Replied by Chad on topic No crank no start

File Attachment:

File Name: 2003Ranger...cuit.pdf
File Size:656 KB

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Southernfiy

More
4 years 4 months ago #34942 by Southernfiy
Replied by Southernfiy on topic No crank no start
Thank you

More
4 years 4 months ago #35196 by Southernfiy
From my past topic, No crank no start 2001 ford ranger 3.0. I have not in a certain order new battery, new starter, new neutral switch, new ignition switch, new key cylinder, visual check all fuses in cab, also under the hood fuse box, replaced fuse relays. Vehicle will crank and start sometimes, more not crank and start. When the vehicle does run it runs great and does not shut off till you turn key off. And the try to crank and start it right after key turned off will not crank and start. While trying to crank the headlights dash lights dome lights never dim. Now for three days no crank no start and usually I would be Abe to get it to crank and start sometimes but not at all last three days. I make sure to charge battery overnight so I can try to crank and start. I have no scanner and use of any skills for electrical. The mechanic that I have used for 30 years says he doesn’t know what else and can’t leave with him he is so busy it could take maybe 2 months for him to look at it when he could. What am I missing? Could the computer or pcm going bad ? Thanks

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #35201 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic No crank no start
This really needs some tracking down using basic tools a test light and a jumper wire. From the description it sounds like a really simple fault. Assuming you have checked the main cylinder block ground wire has a good conection which is always a suspect if wok has be done on a cluttch or transmission.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

More
4 years 4 months ago #35205 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic No crank no start
The starter relay needs checked simpliest way is swap in another relay, if that dosent work you would need to check if the engine computer is providing it with a ground on pin 86 at the relay (Dark Blue and Orange wire).

Starter relay handle very large curent spikes so a burned out relay is more than possible.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
4 years 4 months ago #35219 by Southernfiy
Sorry that did not work

More
4 years 4 months ago #35364 by Southernfiy
Thank you that’s what I done, it works now and will leave it that way.

Time to create page: 0.801 seconds