Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

01' Lexus GS430 3UZ-FE P1349 with bank 1 misfires

More
4 years 6 months ago #34454 by JeepLife
Hey guys, FYI this car has been fixed after replacing the bank 1 oil control valve. What I am looking for is any tips or procedures that would have diagnosed this fault quicker and/or more accurately. I received this car and after connecting the scan tool read the bank 1 OCV and misfire codes. I noticed the misfires were all on the same bank as the OCV fault. Next, I watched the data PIDS and could see the OCV turn on and then misfires would begin. After that I took my DVOM to the OCV connector pin 1 L/Y and with the active test activated the bank 1 OCV. I could see the PWM volatge levels change from 1V-9V. At this time I qouted the OCV replacement and 1.0 to diagnose. Would any of you had done something different or have a better test? Frankly, I wasn't sure what other test I could have done and therefore was not very confident with the call.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds