Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Chrysler 300c intermatnet stall

More
4 years 6 months ago #34238 by A93320336@gmail.com
I have 300c 2008 stall intermentan like u switch of the car and restart it fine
Some time it need one hour to stall
Some time it need 10 minit some is only one minit after it stall the peep sound it come and check engine is flashing and the gear relaze and when but the gear in drive it delay for about 20 scound
No mis fire befor stall it run ok
I sweep the all relay and scan it code is
Lose coumncation with ecm store code in tcm and lost engine coolent massage

I wegale the wire harnce no change

I can not reade live data in ecm it show me something unnormal

But i can read live data in tcm

Any idea
If i sweep the ecm should i sweep skid module

Thanks

Attach live data
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #34239 by A93320336@gmail.com

More
4 years 6 months ago #34255 by Tutti57
Just to be clear on what is happening here. You have an intermittent stall and code scan turns out a code in the TCM staying that it lost communication with the ECM? You also can't communicate with the ECM?

Are you driving the car when this happens or is it sitting still at idle? Sometimes a frayed wire or loose connection shows itself when you give some throttle, because it rocks the engine a little.

When this happens, I would check the powers and grounds at the ECM, to start.

More
4 years 6 months ago #34264 by A93320336@gmail.com
Sometime stall at idle and sime time at low speed no at high speed at high speed it like it dead and weakup

I scope all porwe no powe lost

I paypass the ASD relay

Now code in ecm heater circut for all 4 oxgen sensor

It coumncate with ecm

But the live data show as per attatch

More
4 years 6 months ago #34266 by Tutti57
Ah, ok. I didn't see that before. Do you have access to a wire diagram? You can test that o2 sensor to see if there is a short to ground on the heater circuit. According to Mitchell, that o2 heater elements should have between 3 and 30 ohms of resistance.

It looks like you are using an autel in the picture. Are you able to command the vvt actuator with that tool? You should be able to affect engine idle by changing the duty cycle. If you monitor both banks, are the cam sensors reading the same numbers or are they different? When was the last oil change on the vehicle? If you pull that actuator out, you should be able to put power to the solenoid and actually see it moving. You'd want to make sure it does move and that it doesn't stick open too.

More
4 years 6 months ago #34271 by VegasJAK
definitely sounds like an electrical problem... find the main ground bus for the ecm. clean the connection point. check the ground wire for any signs of wear. hard to find short when it occurs intermittently. best time to find is when the engine does not start after stall. its a wire grounding out somewhere.

codes are most likely from when ecm looses communication. clear codes and rescan before it stalls. 02 and transmission codes are not going to cause a stall. if no codes, the problem is loss of power or ground.

"an open mind let's knowledge flow in and wisdom flow out for a man who has neither never listens to those who have both".
Being wrong doesn't bother me, it's being right and not understanding why that does

Time to create page: 0.712 seconds