Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Hummer H2 Serial Data network corrupt

More
4 years 6 months ago #34231 by Deltron
SO I wanted to post this little video series I put together on this truck I've had in my driveway for a few weeks. It came to me with a complaint of ABS light and airbag light ON, no radio or window function. This was being caused by the serial data being corrupt.

After every module (I thought) was unplugged, I discovered a short to ground.

My PowerProbe ECT 3000 led me to the location of the short, under the seat

There was literal water coming out of the connector when I unplugged it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #34232 by Noah
That thing looks like it went for swim :)

Have you had much luck with that circuit tracer tool?
I've got one but it never makes it out of the box.

Nice find, thanks for posting it here.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Noah.

More
4 years 6 months ago #34234 by Deltron
This is actually my first opportunity since owning the tool that I got to use it. I've been employed at a Subaru dealer for 15 months and I've gotten used to not having to do anything interesting, so I started advertising for side work that no one can figure out. The tool itself worked great, way better than the previous ect2000 version. The handheld piece on the 2000 is clunky and hard to setup properly, the 3000 is vastly superior in that regard. Otherwise, same tool. Just gotta use it correctly. The entire network is supposed to be isolated, and I thought it was here. Theres a huge module bolted to the bottom of the seat that I thought was my airbag module, I didn't even expect this one to be there. But the tracer still worked as designed. The handheld unit has arrows that point in the direction of your short and that worked like a charm. I followed the harness through the dash, around the passenger seat, across the floor, under the console and under the drivers seat, where it stopped tracking.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
4 years 6 months ago #34250 by guafa
Wow. Thanks for that.

It is more dificult for me to post after i found the issue (working on it).

Cheers

Time to create page: 0.585 seconds