Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

[FIXED] P0641 p2228

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #34169 by autojoe
P0641 p2228 was created by autojoe
2015 gmc Sierra 5.3. Here's my question. There is no BARO sensor. The BARO is calculated using multifunction intake air sensor that is part of the maf. Two wire. How can a thermistor provide the pcm with this information?
The barometric pressure (BARO) sensor is integral to the multifunction intake air sensor and responds to changes in altitude and atmospheric conditions. This gives the engine control module (ECM) an indication of barometric pressure. The ECM uses this information to calculate fuel delivery. The BARO sensor provides a voltage signal to the ECM relative to the atmospheric pressure changes. The ECM monitors the BARO sensor signal for a voltage outside of the normal range.
Last part in service info.
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by autojoe. Reason: Added info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #34175 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic P0641 p2228
From what I understand, there actually IS a BARO sensor in the Multifunction Intake Air sensor. It has it's own signal wire (sometimes labled TIAP - Throttle Intake Air Pressure), and shares a ground with IAT #1. In fact, if you look in the scan data, you can usually find the sensor output from the MIAS and a 'Calculated' BARO based on the MAP sensor.

These sensors are prone to intermittent dropouts and pin fretting at the connector. Are either code hard faults?

More
4 years 6 months ago #34187 by autojoe
Replied by autojoe on topic P0641 p2228
Thanks I do see tiap input. Yes hard fault.

More
4 years 6 months ago #34191 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic P0641 p2228
Sweet! What's the voltage reading at the 5V ref and the TIAP signal at the sensor?

More
4 years 6 months ago #34230 by autojoe
Replied by autojoe on topic P0641 p2228
Customer replaced map and fixed it. I don't know why it fixed it based on codes and map 5 volt ref is not one of the sensors that 5 volt ref 1 circuit. Anyway it is fixed. Thanks for your input.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds