Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2003 chrysler pt cruiser 2.4 p0441

More
4 years 5 months ago #34114 by gerber
Hello guy. Im working on a 2003 chrysler pt cruiser 2.4 non turbo
And i got code p0441 Incorrect purge
I check Orange/yellow. Wire with the swich off. I got close to 5v
End. Swich on ingot Close to 10v
I tried put vacuum on the canister side puege valve but not hold vacuum .

With the vacuum hoses disconnect If i activate de purge valve with the scaner and blowing air on the canister port of the purge. Just click then release the air that im blowing then close but the scaner still shows that the solenoid still running but its already close wont let me blow air .

Should stay open until i closed. ?
Any suggestions. Thank you
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #34145 by gerber
Any body?

More
4 years 5 months ago #34150 by rpd1125
I just saw this, The incorrect flow code is more then likely from a stuck purge control solenoid in the engine bay on the passenger side of the intake manifold Its a two pin connector controlled by the PCM at cruse speed. It should be closed at all times and the PCM energizes the solenoid when it determines it needs to based on other inputs like the fuel tank pressure sensor and such. If you have vacuum flowing at all times thru it replace it its supposed to be closed at all time..

If you have a power probe you can power the PK/BK Wire to make it open. Again it should be closed at all times more then likely stuck wide open it happens a lot on Chrysler vehicles

Hope that helps. The leak Detection pump is what I see you testing and that will fluctuate depending on outside temperature which will create different pressures in the fuel tank or it will give you a code saying there is a leak. The Leak detection pump hardly ever fails

Attachments:

More
4 years 5 months ago #34163 by gerber
Thank you for responding.
If I activate the purge solenoid With my scanner. Should stay open until o closed with the scanner again?
Because I tried to opened and it click and stay open for 1 second then closed. It self and the scanner still showing that its running

Thank you

More
4 years 5 months ago #34164 by Cheryl
Unplug the vacuum line that goes back to canister keep the side that goes to vacuum source plugged in. Put vacuum gauge on canister side go into data look for purge duty cycle might have to drive it to get it to purge should see vacuum on gauge when it’s commanding it open. If not most likely a bad solenoid. Or you can bench test it use a power probe hook vacuum pump up should hold vacuum until you apply power and ground to it.

More
4 years 5 months ago #34170 by gerber
In this test do I testing the purge solenoid or the nvld ?
Because when i activate the purge solenoid with the scanner it clicks. And let me
Release the vacuum. But close its self

More
4 years 5 months ago #34177 by gerber
Look this picture please
Swich on close to 5v I apply vacuum and drops to 0.55 Can 0.5 considered no voltage . After start the car. Take like 15 secounds to go to 10v

More
4 years 5 months ago #34178 by gerber
Here the pic
Attachments:

More
4 years 5 months ago #34190 by rpd1125
This is a test for the purge solenoid. Any scanner should allow you to control the duty cycle. you can even put a smoke generator on the tank side with the engine off and allow the smoke to flow then actuate the purge solenoid thru the special functions which should allow for 20,30. and 50 percent duty cycle. and remain in that position until you shut if off or command it otherwise. If its closing on itself while commanded to a certain percentage your diag is done. Replace and compare.. you can even test this on the bench with a power probe. just pay attention to polarity based on the diagram I supplied earlier

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds