Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

01 Nissan frontier 6c 4x4 automatic cranks but no start

More
4 years 6 months ago #34074 by Alexxiloj
Hi everybody I have a problem with my truck its 01 Nissan frontier 4wd 6cy 3.3 I replaced fuel pump , fuel filter, alternator, spark plugs and spark cap, so it still doesn't start . My distribudor has spark only on cylinder 1 when I do the test it barely sparks, also I noticed that my body ground or engine ground has voltage. When I put my tester on the negative post on my battery and on my body ground or engine ground my tester lights up. And help please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #34075 by Cheryl
Sounds like you found the issue. Bad ground but wonder why it cranks with a bad block ground. Try running a jumper cables from battery negative to block and from battery negative to body.. see what happens
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy.MacFadyen, Chad

More
4 years 6 months ago #34077 by Alexxiloj
Thanks. I'll try that

More
4 years 6 months ago #34078 by Alexxiloj
Alright guys , I'm confused now , my negative is disconnected from the battery so I connect my tester on the negative side of the battery and the other end on the buddy frame or block my tester lights up , is it a short circuit or bad ground block?

More
4 years 6 months ago #34079 by ontheriver
Keep testing with light,and start pulling relays and fuses till it goes out,or is your positive cable from battery touching ground

More
4 years 6 months ago #34080 by Alexxiloj
Hi there I did what you mentioned, pulling out fuses until I pulled the( FL 80A IGN 1 SW (B+)
FUSE ) the light goes off on my tester, but I have no clue where to begin now? Any suggestions please

More
4 years 6 months ago #34084 by Chad

Alexxiloj wrote: my negative is disconnected from the battery so I connect my tester on the negative side of the battery and the other end on the buddy frame or block my tester lights up , is it a short circuit or bad ground block?

As Cheryl said, you have a bad engine ground. Disconnecting the battery cable is the opposite of Cheryl's suggestion. You need to IMPROVE your connection between battery negative and the engine block. Adding an EXTRA connection between Battery Negative and the Engine Block is what Cheryl was suggesting.

The test-light lights up because it is the path of least resistance back to battery negative. The engine Ground Cable SHOULD be the path of least resistance.

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)

More
4 years 6 months ago #34088 by Alexxiloj
Thank you for your response I appreciate it

Time to create page: 0.242 seconds