Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

diesel engine O2 sensor diagnosis

More
4 years 6 months ago #34005 by tonybushmin
2012 Dodge 3500 6.7 with P2270 - O2 sensor 1/2 signal biased lean and P22B5 - O2 sensor 1/2 pumping current trim circuit open

From what I gather it seems like an intermittent issue because O2 data on both sensors 1 and 2 lean percentage (8-14%) at WOT, cel comes on sensor 2 is fixed at -0.7% and -0.7% at WOT while sensor 1 reads normal. Turn the key off then back on again and drive and sensor 2 starts reading normally again. Now I'm wondering could this be a bad sensor and if so how can I check it. Not sure if this is the same tests as gasoline vehicles because I hear a lot of talk about NOx sensors and with there being a dpf and afterburner I'm am not so confident in my data.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #34013 by ptebo1
I uploaded 2 pdf`s of two chrysler RRT`s ( same thing as a campaign ) If you provide the vin # i can run it through chrysler website and see if the RRT`s apply. Hope this helps a little.

File Attachment:

File Name: 2981.pdf
File Size:1,874 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: recall.pdf
File Size:243 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by ptebo1. Reason: both pdf`s are RRT`s. potential free fix for the customer

More
4 years 6 months ago #34014 by tonybushmin

ptebo1 wrote: I uploaded 2 pdf`s of two chrysler RRT`s ( same thing as a campaign ) If you provide the vin # i can run it through chrysler website and see if the RRT`s apply. Hope this helps a little.

File Attachment:

File Name: 2981.pdf
File Size:1,874 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: recall.pdf
File Size:243 KB

the vin is 3C63D3GL2CG249684

More
4 years 6 months ago #34017 by ptebo1
sorry i am wrong. I just phoned my friend who worked @ chrysler for 18 years. A RRT is sort of the same thing as a campaign, the difference is that the RRT expires with the base warranty. For example it the truck was within the 60 month / 100,000 warranty these RRT`s would have applied regardless if the DTC was set or not. So sort of like a campaign that expires with the warranty. So the bulletins still apply and will probably fix the truck, they are not covered under warranty... @ this point they are simply TSB`s...

More
4 years 6 months ago #34035 by tonybushmin

ptebo1 wrote: sorry i am wrong. I just phoned my friend who worked @ chrysler for 18 years. A RRT is sort of the same thing as a campaign, the difference is that the RRT expires with the base warranty. For example it the truck was within the 60 month / 100,000 warranty these RRT`s would have applied regardless if the DTC was set or not. So sort of like a campaign that expires with the warranty. So the bulletins still apply and will probably fix the truck, they are not covered under warranty... @ this point they are simply TSB`s...

So I believe the 2981 pdf is the one that applies to the issue I'm running into, the truck is out of warranty and I do not work for chrystler so what do I do from an aftermarket standpoint? Is it just saying to repin and rewire the O2 harness with a updated harness?

Time to create page: 0.326 seconds