Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

1994 Dodge B-250 5.2 , no cold fast idle

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #33936 by MichaelNAzusa
1994 Dodge B-250 , 5.2 , this is a van I have completely gone through engine rebuild blue printed all new sensors OEM parts . All the sensors are working new ECM. Here is the issue. With the engine completely cold, turn the key to the on position the IAC opens way up (Setting itself up for a fast cold idle ) soon as you start the van the AIC closes to a slow idle position, and stays that way when the vehicle is fully warm, then runs great I just don’t have a cold fast idle. I believe something is happening during the cranking cycle what would cause this ? ( Engine was hooked up to a scan tool all sensors working New positive and negative battery cables all ground points cleaned off new 880 cold cranking amp Northstar battery , this is my personal vehicle it is my back up handicap van I’ve had it since brand new so it’s worth making everything work perfect , no wires have ever been cut ,11.35 cranking volts at the battery. DTCs are : 12 , 32 , 32 ( The blinking check engine light gave me a code 32 twice ) ( Engine almost acts like from key on position to actually starting engine going straight to “ Close loop mode “ ).
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by MichaelNAzusa. Reason: Adding Video

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds