Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2006 Renault Clio 1.5dci K9K injector fault

More
4 years 7 months ago #33873 by Jutty30
Hi guys
I have a renault clio come to my shop for a non start issue.
the mechanic had fitted new injection pump, 4 new injectors, fuel filter, starter motor, battery, fuel rail etc.... the list goes on...
anyway this car turns over and fires but wont start. ( NOTE: it will run on easy start but dies off as soon as its burnt )
the first thing i did was use my noid lights to check for injector pulse, it appeared what id call weak, checked injector voltage KOEO and i have 2.86v on all 4 plugs... guided component tests on the snap on diag states i should see battery voltage??
I worked backwards from here and went to ecu, back probed control wires for all 4 injectors and sure enough the same voltage reading were there also..
At this point i decided to check my computer grounds with a scope and all were ok, I then decided to send the ecu away for testing and sure enough all was ok!
today i put it all back together, problem remains the same! i decided to check engine timing as the mechanic had replaced the injection pump ( timing belt driven ) timing was fine!
Im at a loss as to what voltage i should expect to see harness unplugged KOEO?????

Any help would be fantastic..

Thanks guys

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #33875 by Chad

Jutty30 wrote: injector voltage KOEO and i have 2.86v on all 4 plugs... guided component tests on the snap on diag states i should see battery voltage

The first thing I would do is find out why you only have 2.86v. Do you have an engine control diagram? Or, a power distribution diagram?

Maybe somebody will post one. ;)

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Chad.

More
4 years 7 months ago #33879 by Jutty30
Ho chad
Thanks for your reply.
I have a wiring diagram, will check for a power distribution diagram later.
I have the same voltage at all injectors.

Thanka

More
4 years 7 months ago #33886 by steve
Looks like a bias voltage on injectors koeo, ECU won't sent power to injectors until certain conditions met.
Any fault codes?
Can you post live data when cranking.
Rpm, fuel pressure and cam/crank sync if possible

More
4 years 7 months ago #33887 by Andy.MacFadyen
Low pressure pump output pressure ?

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds