Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

toyota avensis 2003 p0121

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #4406 by cyrus.nk
Fault code p0121.the car has drive by wire throttle.6 wires and have check all looks fine.changed throttle no change.anyone has wiring diagram for throttle pleas?
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by cyrus.nk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #4407 by matt.white
Our local Avensis are all cable so I can't offer a diagram sorry. Just looking on iATN the main complaint was there's different throttle bodies listed between Cali and federal emission laws and they're interchangeable physically but won't work if fitted incorrectly. Hope this helps

More
7 years 4 months ago #4462 by cyrus.nk
Replied by cyrus.nk on topic toyota avensis 2003 p0121
Yes thanks

More
7 years 4 months ago #4476 by rccharlton
Well I just worked on a Pontiac Vibe and its a Toyota hiding under the Pontiac badge.

Wire 1 & 2 was for the Motor
Wire 3 ground black wire
Wire 4 sensor circuit B Green wire
Wire 5 was 5v reference
Wire 6 sensor circuit A Green wire

Wire 4 and 6. one is circuit A and the other is Circuit B. The ECM looks at the voltage difference to set the P0121 code.
If A is above B by more then 1.6v it will set.
If A is below B by .8v it will set
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
7 years 4 months ago #4477 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic toyota avensis 2003 p0121

the car has drive by wire throttle.6 wires and have check all looks fine.changed throttle no change.anyone has wiring diagram for throttle pleas?

First you say you've checked all 6 wires 'and all looks fine'.... Then you change the throttle body, no result, and now you ask for a wiring diagram. Shouldn't you have started with this?

Also, your posts always lack critical information. We've asked you several times to be more specific about the vehicle you're working on. 'Avensis 2003....'?? Don't wanna be the bad guy here but you just ignore 'suggestions' Cyrus...

More
7 years 4 months ago #4551 by cyrus.nk
Replied by cyrus.nk on topic toyota avensis 2003 p0121
Oh ma friend DYLAN am sorry for tis pleas.i promise next time i will try as much as possible to be more specific.now i fixed the car and the problem was that the throttle wich some mec b me changed was not for that car and also there was no power feed to the computer for throttlecontrol.WISHING U A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

More
7 years 4 months ago #4569 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic toyota avensis 2003 p0121
Ok thank you Cyrus. I also wish you a happy New Year!

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds