Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Engine running, no acceleration.

More
4 years 8 months ago #33652 by Dokteur oto
Hi everyone. I'm actually working on a Lincoln Town Car 2011 with a V8 engine/ 4.6L. When the key is in on position the throttle motor makes a weird noise, and the engine will not even crank. To start the car I have to disconnect the throttle motor. Now, when the engine is running there's no acceleration. It's stuck in limping mode. I thought it could be a problem within the pcm where the TACM could be either shorted to power or to ground. But it's not the case. I replaced the pcm, the problem is still there. The TPS operates properly because, I can see on my bd scan tool live data from the tps on how it reacts when the gas pedal is depressed. However, there's a few DTCs such as : P2100, P2104, P2107, P2110. I could never find anything abnormal in term of short circuit like those codes suggest.
Please any help will be appreciated. Thanks to everyone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #33654 by ptebo1
p2100 dtc is most likely setting the other dtc`s. Ford has a reputation for bad throttle bodies. p2100 indicates a motor circuit fault. Ford advises to measure the resistance of the motor circuit @ the throttle body. The spec given is odd but Ford gives a resistance spec of 1-900 ohms. Otherwise they have you doing your typical resistance checks from the throttle body connector to the ecm connector. Let me know if you need connector pin-outs or a wiring diagram. could you post a couple of pictures of throttle body vs app pids, one @ closed throttle and one @ wide open throttle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds