Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2008 Dodge Charger

More
4 years 6 months ago #33534 by andre.blanco
Hello all.

I have a 2008 dodge charger 2.7 engine and it is a crank no start. The only part replaced in this was a crankshaft sensor with one from Advance auto parts. There are no codes on the car. The only thing I noticed is that the ASD relay will not stay on. Once you switch the key to the on position the ASD relays clicks on and and in 2-3 seconds it clicks again and then i have no power. This car has the type 2 fuse box in the front. After watching most of the scanner danner videos i have come to the assumption that i have no control on that relay ????? is this correct ? or its missing a ground ??? Maybe someone has had the same issue with this and can point me in the right direction. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you all for you time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
4 years 6 months ago #33542 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic 2008 Dodge Charger
The asd relay only comes on momentarily when you turn the key to the on position and will only remain on only when the engine is running. So that sounds like normal operation to me.

To find out why it isn't starting, you need to figure out if it's missing fuel or spark, and then take it from there.

Do you have access to a scanner with love data capability?

This video shows some good crank no start testing procedures, as far as checking for spark and fuel.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds