× Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

98 grand cherokee 4.0l no start no comm with ecm (FIXED)

• ptebo1
  • Topic Author
More
08 Sep 2019 23:34 - 13 Sep 2019 22:12 #33494 by ptebo1
Hi again. Im working on a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4wd. has a brand new battery. cranks but wont start. no comm with ecm. no check engine light. checked ignition voltage and b+ voltage @ ecm also checked both grounds. pcm power and grounds = ok. I checked 5 volt reference @ the tps and it is good. also the ASD Relay is being energized by the ECM as well so it is somewhat alive. Here is the interesting part!! 2.5 volts measured on the sensor ground right @ the back of the ecm... i tried jumpering a ground to it and it makes no difference. the ecm connector or ecm pin does not look burnt. I called it an ECM @ this point but I`m pretty nervous cause it costs around $300.00...
Last edit: 13 Sep 2019 22:12 by ptebo1. Reason: ECM FIXED IT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Sep 2019 17:59 #33517 by Cheryl
Other than checking the data lines to the ecm id say your safe to call the ecm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.458 seconds