Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

94 toyota Corolla 1.8L 16 valve dohc 4cyl...power to the coil with key on,

More
4 years 7 months ago #33491 by Rick Ballard
I understand that crank sensor, cam sensor, ignitor, and coil are all in the distributor, we have an injector pulse, power to the coil with key on but no spark. The first distributor failed immediatly after pressure washing the engine, got a wrecking yard distributor, that ran us for about a year and 25000 mi. Then no spark again, so looking at the plugs, with .065&.070 instead of .034, installed a fresh set of correctly gapped plugs, another used wrecking yard dist. It barely made it out of the driveway, no spark again, bought s brand new dist, I'm aprehensive to go ahead on this new one. Could there be something that is going to fry a new dist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #33539 by guafa
Hi Rick,

I would go deeper in figuring out which part of distributor is failing.

Is it a shorted coil? Is it primary or secondary?

Is it the ignitor? Is it the sensor?

I'm sorry. To many questions here, but i think is important to get any direction.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Curtis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds