Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2002 Trans Am Misfire on 2 cylinders Puzzled

More
4 years 7 months ago #33608 by Cheryl
Exactly Noah. Misfires that get better off idle are mechanical issues in my experience as well
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #33613 by dhessco
Thanks for the detailed explanation!!

I went ahead and replaced all the injectors, the car was sitting for 10 years so couldn’t hurt...

Miss is still there. Gonna borrow another leakdown tester. Arg...

So based on my findings it sounds like it could be a lifter not pumping.

More
4 years 7 months ago #33668 by rpd1125
Hey guys Ruben here in Phoenix Arizona. If you wouldn't mind quick entertaining taking the leakdown tester on both cylinder 1 and 3 individually and cranking up the pressure to a good 80 to 100PSI and watch for bubbles and any air coming thru cooling system reservoir. It sounds to me like you have coolant leak into these two cylinders especially with them be right next to each other. If you bring that cylinder to TDC and crank up some pressure with the leak down tester you will more then likely see air coming thru the cooling system which means your diagnostics are done my friend.

This rather silly test has nailed down a few of those misfires that just take up so much time. Please keep me posted but I think this may give you some insight

hope it helps
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
4 years 7 months ago #33669 by rpd1125
I have found this to be the problem on not only GM but also a few acuras and one Nissan too. Its one of the most sneaky misfires to misdiagnose. Nut super easy to nail it with 100 percent certainty

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds