Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Mitchell diy wiring diagrams

More
4 years 7 months ago #33480 by Mike0907
I have a 2010 equinox Lt. Nothing wrong with vehicle. Just practicing on vehicle to follow up on chapter 2 switch inputs. Trying to learn. So I paid for mitchell diy wiring diagrams for the power window circuit and where it shows driver window switch, it only shows main power and ground wires. Other colors have no designation as to what they are so I can't follow the wire that doesn't go to the computer to figure out signal wire for by pass test. I would appreciate any help in this. It is a 2.4 ecotec motor vinyl w. Thank you.. sorry my name is mike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #33485 by Cheryl
Replied by Cheryl on topic Mitchell diy wiring diagrams
I don’t think these windows are computer controlled from what I remember. Haven’t worked on one in awhile. Think there just hard wired from switch to window motors
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike0907

More
4 years 7 months ago #33487 by gav09
Replied by gav09 on topic Mitchell diy wiring diagrams
Looking at that wiring diagram for the drivers door switch there are power, ground, and drivers window up and down outputs. The other motors are told to move by the LIN bus.

More
4 years 7 months ago #33510 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Mitchell diy wiring diagrams
Yeah, sorry Mike, these window switches aren't the best to practice on. :lol: It's all over a LIN network, so you won't be able to check inputs on this system.

If you want to play with swtich inputs, try the rear liftgate system. It's still got conventional switches that are reasonably easy to access. Just think about what you're doing, and keep your head clear if you signal for the liftgate to close. ;) The multifunction switch would be another option, but possibly more work to access.

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds