Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

AC Gauges

More
4 years 7 months ago #33449 by Southern_Ways
AC Gauges was created by Southern_Ways
I've seen the A/C videos and recently purchased a set of gauges that do not have a purge valve or the Schroeder valve in the hose. I've seen where they loosen the charge hose with the r134 can connected to bleed the air from that side but what happens with the air in the other 2 hoses? Does that not get sucked into the system?

The other question I have concerns the oil in the system. I watched where Paul used a cup full of oil, had the vacuum pump on the high side and used the low side to pull the oil into the system(A/C Leak Testing and Repair part 3 - 95 Jeep). Why does the oil not get evacuated out through the high side? This question really applies to anytime a vacuum pump is connected.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds