Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Newbee here. 88 f150 4.9l auto 277686 miles

More
4 years 7 months ago #33395 by Godsday
1st time trying to post something I'm hoping I did it right?
Egr valve tube broke. So gunna by pass. Pintched the exhaust tube over and welded. Made a aluminum plate to cover egr at the intake. Looking at harness plug for the plug on the egr valve harness. Has anyone ever done this before?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #33470 by Andy.MacFadyen
Usual disclaimer about legalities tampering with emmisions equipment
In practical terms most older engines only look for the electrical circuit side of the EGR being complete ie connected to the valve they don't check if it actually works. I don't know what the effect will be on fueling but try it and see

Over on this side of the Atlantic we mainly see EGR blanking on diesels where it has no major effect on the fueling of the engine.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

More
4 years 7 months ago #33611 by Godsday
Ok I did out the plug back in and it seems to work fine.. although it does not have a good idle on cold start.. need to keep foot on peddle until 8s warms up a bit?

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds