Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2007 Chrysler 300 2.7 l open circuit on 6 injectors and 3 cylinders misfiring

More
4 years 8 months ago #33300 by Mikey1583
I replaced the plugs and got rid of 2 cylinder misfires. Found a bad coil to fix the 3rd. Found 12 ohms on 4 fuel injectors and 10 on the last 2. Replaced the 2 fuel injectors still open circuit on all 6. Found a couple of cuts in the wiring harness and repaired them. Now only showing p0206 code. With a test light and the key in the off position I checked 2 connectors at the fuel injectors. I have a ground on the hot wire and nothing on wire going to the pcm or on pin #12 where the wire goes to the pcm has no ground. On the bad connector I'm showing a ground on the hot wire as well as the wiring going to the pcm. I checked the pcm pin #4 and it shows ground as well. So do I have a bad pcm? Any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #33301 by cheryl hartkorn
how are you getting a ground on the hot side?

More
4 years 8 months ago #33303 by Mikey1583
Too much sun today... hot wire was showing power communication wire showing ground on working injector connector. On the one I'm having issues with I'm showing power on both hot wire and communication wire

More
4 years 8 months ago #33304 by Chad
Can you describe your testing a little more? Are you testing with the injectors connected, or disconnected? Is your test-light connected to Battery +, or battery - ? Are you testing KOEO, or is the engine running? Do you have a volt meter?

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)

More
4 years 8 months ago #33306 by Mikey1583
Chryslers battery are in the trunk so I hooked a power probe to a ground wire on the chassis. Injectors unplugged. Yes I have a multimeter

More
4 years 8 months ago #33308 by Cheryl
Sounds like your backprobing the pcm at the #6 injector driver and it’s staying at 12 volts?? If so move on from the wiring as it’s good. Try clearing the codes and recheck as Chrysler’s like intentional shutdown of drivers. If still stuck at 12 volts pcm driver is toast
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, Chad

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #33310 by John Curtis
I’m not 100% sure if I’m understanding where you’re at so far. Are you saying you’re not getting 12V to the injectors?
Instead of 12V on the power wire it’s saying it’s a ground?

Also, I love power probe however I find that it isn’t always the best tool for the job. if you can, I’d recommend a test light for this one. Power probe sometimes leads you in bad directions.

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.
Currently servicing Central Texas.
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by John Curtis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
4 years 8 months ago #33311 by Mikey1583
So I started by checking ohms for each injector. I'm now getting 12 on every injector. I've used a noid light and it lights up on all connections except number 6. I replaced the connector and control wire and still cant get the injector to do anything. I will try to clear the code and try to see if I'm still getting the same 12v

More
4 years 7 months ago #33667 by rpd1125
I had one recently on a 2007 Chrysler that the PCM stopped grounding the injector on the control wire. These injectors are powered at all times on a common Voltage feed wire and the PCM grounds each injector individually. Get a lab scope or a test light connected to battery voltage and tap into control wire for injector 6 at the PCM. If the test light blinks at the PCM then you have an open in the wire where you can either find it or run a new wire for the control side. Or if its not blinking at the PCM then you have a bad PCM that lost ability to control the driver for injector 6 fuel injector

Should be simple to test.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds