Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

smell of cat under load at speeds over 70mph 3000 rpm no codes perfect fuel trim

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #33174 by Rusty
Hi Guys,
My 2001 Maxima QX VQ engine 2.0 European car smell of cat absolutely stinks under load at speeds over 70mph 3000 rpm no codes perfect fuel trims hovering around -2 to plus 2 average replaced bank 2 precat due to long term neglected vacuum leak on intake by previous owner. any suggestions where to start I have good MAF readings, good injector wave forms and when checked about 1000mls ago they had good spray patterns,coil wave forms are good as well I used the same method as Paul on the maxima to check these and all looked good I am using a hantek but its all I can afford, one point she is using about 1.5 litre's of oil between changes no noticeable blue smoke car runs well mostly but does sometimes exhibit a stumble on harsh acceleration from a standstill which can drive trims slightly negative to -12 max. could it be the new cat breaking in or is it more likely to be the other precat.

Rusty
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Rusty.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.267 seconds