Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

1996 Chevy C1500 silverado 5.7l vortec engine 2wd CRANK NO START ISSUE.

More
4 years 6 months ago #34646 by simperfi84
, I am in the Florida Panhandle so we are pretty close to seea level. I was pretty sure I should have seen changes while cranking on both the MAP/ MAF. I WILL check both I do have a p0102 code I thought at first it was due to removing the breather and tubes, but it didn't clear last time I tried to erase it.Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #46862 by cadman777
Ever figure this out?
If so, what was the problem?

More
1 year 9 months ago #57054 by grandfisher
I know this an old thread, but I'm also curious if it was resolved. I am having the exact same issues and have went through all the suggestions and testing procedures as the sniperfi84. I would appreciate any input before I start a new thread on the same subject.

More
1 year 9 months ago #57055 by grandfisher
1996 Suburban. Crank but no start.
New distributor, coil, ICM, CKP, fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump, fuel filter, ECT, new plugs and wires.
Checked all engine grounds and voltage to sensors.
60 psi pressure with slight drop while cranking. Plugs are wet when cranking. Confirmed good spark to each plug. Pulled upper plenum and confirmed each poppet is spraying fuel. No leaks in lines.
Double and re-double checked distributor timing. It is absolutely installed on TDC compression stroke and rotor it pointing at #1 on the cap.
Cranks but no start. It did fire up once and idled for about 4 seconds after I had installed the new Crank Position Sensor and new plugs and wires. It struggled to start up again and now doesn't even try to backfire.
Priming with gas or starting fluid makes no difference and I'm sure is has cylinder wash. I will change oil before I proceed and do another compression test. I did a full compression test before and had a mix of 150 and 120 psi. I'm pretty sure due to cylinder wash but I will confirm.

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds