Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

14 Forester LR ABS signal high

More
4 years 8 months ago #33034 by Deltron
2014 Subaru Forester

Current fault: LR ABS signal open or high

Vehicle history: an aftermarket harness has already been removed from this dashboard after the rear hatch access button and keyless module died. There is still underdash bare wires in the harness leading to the column.

So to the fruit of the diag: I found all 3 other ABS signals have a 2.5v bias that drops to 0.5v when plugged in. The LR wheel has 12v that drops to 1.5v plugged in. The 12v remains when you unplug the ABS module.

The weird part here is that I swear I saw the 12v on the passenger rear too, and I thought it was strange, but then I moved a seat and my meter, and I had normal voltage the next time and every subsequent time.

It's stuck in my mind that there's something wrong under dash, but I'm also fairly positive there isn't any ABS wires in the dash harness besides CAN, and certainly not in the column harness where the bare wires are. I'm unsure how to proceed.. I don't really have a direction. I'm thinking about unplugging fuses and chasing the one that kills the 12v but I'm not sure that will lead me to my short.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #33042 by Andy.MacFadyen
You must be on the right track looking for harness damage, if you can't find anything visually or with tug and wiggle test you might have to use the devide and conquer strategy and cut the wire at a place where you have good acess to narrow your search down

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds