Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2013 Chevy Cruze LT 1.4 Turbo - Service 4WD

More
4 years 7 months ago #33029 by 400Dobie
2013 Chevy Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
After changing the battery ground my car started to display "Service 4WD" in the dashboard after the initial diagnostic check completes. Clicking the "Menu" button on the turn signal stalk clears the message and the car runs as expected. A scan tool shows no codes are set. A Chevy dealer updated the BCM with no effect, the ECM is at the latest rev. They have no idea how to clear the message.

FYI The Cruze never came with 4WD as an option on any year. All of the modules are original to the car. This was more of an annoyance than anything however I'm trying to sell the car and I'm sure this will not be a selling point.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #33031 by Chad
:ohmy: This is, certainly, an interesting one. I would agree that a reprogram will, probably, be the fix for this. The question is : "Which module?"

The BCM has been reprogrammed, already. My best guesses would be the TCM, or the Instrument cluster. I don't know what good it would do, if any, but I would try disconnecting modules, 1 by 1, and then turn the key on and re-run the "Diagnostic Check". Maybe, you can determine WHO is sending the message.

If you have a scan tool capable of reading Module Calibration info, this is a link to GM's calibration lookup website. Enter the VIN # and you can find the latest Calibration # for any module.

tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web/

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)

More
4 years 7 months ago #33032 by Cheryl
Maybe just try a quick capacitor discharge first. Unhook both battery cables and touch them together for 20 minutes.

More
4 years 7 months ago #33035 by Tyler
WEIRD. :blink: No codes is ANY modules? One module or another had to have set something...

More
4 years 7 months ago #33038 by 400Dobie
I tried the capacitor discharge as well as disconnecting the battery for 4 hours. Didn't make a difference.

More
4 years 7 months ago #33039 by 400Dobie
No codes at all. My initial thought was that the vehicle configuration 4WD option was enabled when I changed the ground cable but I expected flashing the BCM would have reset it.

More
4 years 7 months ago #33043 by Cheryl
What happens if you take the ground off you added?

More
4 years 7 months ago #33057 by 400Dobie
I replaced the battery ground because the terminal was corroded. I used an AC Delco replacement part and made sure both connections were clean. I don't think that's the issue. I think the current spike from reconnecting the ground is what caused the problem.

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds