Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

03 eclipse 3.0 gt p0340 and p0335

More
4 years 8 months ago #32985 by Tonymac
Hello having a problem with 03 eclipse 3.0 had a p0300 code changed distributor and now it has p0340 and p0335 with new distributor what can cause a new distributor to make this code? Also have p0172 and p0174 i have waveforms for cam and crank sensors yellow is cam and green is crank any help will be great thank you
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: aboudi.naddaf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #32993 by Tyler
Thanks for posting the cam/crank capture! :cheer:

Your timing is definitely still off. The long CMP pulse in yellow should neatly bracket a CKP pulse. Instead, the long CMP pulse is intersecting two CKP pulses. :silly: Does this engine start and run?

I've (badly) marked up the relationship between the long CMP pulse and the CKP in Paint:

If you're confident that the distributor has been installed and adjusted correctly, then the next step is checking the timing belt.
Attachments:

More
4 years 8 months ago #32995 by Tonymac
Engine runs and starts good just inatalled new distributor and got code for cam and crank that where not their with old distributor. And distributor has one grove it installs to

More
4 years 8 months ago #32996 by Tyler
Then it sounds like your new distributor sucks. :( The keyway may have shifted on the distributor shaft, or perhaps a roll pin sheared.

Either way, I'd try another distributor. Preferably from a different source.

More
4 years 8 months ago #33010 by Tonymac
Install another distributor and still getting same codes p0340 and p0335 checked distributor primary and secondairy are to spec .Could it be a short in the wiring or at the pcm? Or is the timing being off causing the codes

More
4 years 8 months ago #33036 by Tyler
I really don't believe you have a wiring problem, as the signals themselves look good.

As I said, the cam/crank relationship is off. One way or another. Either the distributor timing is adjustable, or the camshaft it runs off of isn't in time with the crankshaft.

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds