Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

No fuel pressure

More
4 years 8 months ago #32956 by Doug53142
No fuel pressure was created by Doug53142
Hi everyone. I have a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee that I did a tank lift on and also changed the fuel filter at the same time. My problem is now I have to turn the key to the on position to prime the fuel lines . I do this twice before I can turn to the start position and drive away. Everything was fine before so I just don’t understand what happened. One thing I didn’t do , was release the pressure before I did the filter change. Could this be the problem ? Idk how since once the lines are primed I can start it and drive. Any help is appreciated thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #32965 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic No fuel pressure
To be perfectly clear, your Jeep drives normally once it starts and runs, correct? No hesitation or lack of power?

It sure sounds like fuel pressure is bleeding off after the pump stops running. I see that the filter got changed, did the pump itself also get changed? Your fuel filter has three line connections, correct?

Not releasing pressure before the filter change didn't have anything to do with it. I suspect that you installed this problem with either the filter, or the pump.

More
4 years 8 months ago #32969 by Doug53142
Replied by Doug53142 on topic No fuel pressure
Yes my Jeep does run perfectly fine once it’s started and running. Yes, also I do have the 3 line fuel filter. I didn’t change the pump out because everything was in working order prior to changing the filter. . I changed the filter out since I was under the Jeep doing a tank lift on my 03 grand Cherokee and the filter had been there 70k miles . Do you know if a evap line can cause gas draining back to the tank ? Asking because I have a evap code popping up. However I think that code was there before the filter was changed.

More
4 years 8 months ago #32972 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic No fuel pressure
Negative, an EVAP leak won't cause that, either. An EVAP purge solenoid being stuck open, possibly.

Do you still have the old filter? If so, I'd suggest reinstalling it and see if the problem persists. On these Jeeps, the filter contains the fuel pressure regulator, and likely a check valve to prevent fuel returning to the tank from the pressure side.

More
4 years 8 months ago #32973 by Doug53142
Replied by Doug53142 on topic No fuel pressure
I don’t have the old one available anymore. Curiosity got the best of me, so I cut it open to see how dirty it was. I’m going to pick a new one up in the next few days and see if that works. They are not that expensive so I’m going to start there. I’ll post my results in a few days when I install it.

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds