Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Mitsubishi Diamante LS 2004 - Cranks but No Start

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #32920 by Hans
Bought the car with crank and no start fault thinking I could fix it for my kid as a first car.

No Coms to ECU which I got it fixed up, now I have coms to ECU,
Timing was off – i fixed it
Replaced crank position sensor as there wasn't any signal out of it
original distributor had no spark despite there was voltage thus replaced distributor assembly
Manually tested fuel pump and it works (by applying a ground signal to fuel pump relay) (ECU isn’t grounding the relay)
Still no spark (ECU isn’t energizing power transistor in ignition coil , thus I’m wondering if any other sensor is preventing spark & fuel delivery.
Currently the ECU is complaining about O2 sensors, Cat sensor which I don’t think will prevent spark or fuel but I wonder if MAF sensor P0113 code could caused it but I doubt it again.

i don't have an ECU wiring to further troubleshoot.
Let me know your thoughts and what other tests i could do to narrow down this no start issue,
Thanks in advance for help guys.
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Hans. Reason: miss spell few words.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #32931 by Tutti57
Is the ECU seeing crank signal or rpm on your scan tool while cranking? How are powers and grounds at the ECU?

Nissan Technician - ASE L1 Master Tech

More
4 years 8 months ago #32938 by Paul6004
Check that the distributor is actually turning when the engine cranks.

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds