Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Rough idle, no codes, shudder at 60+

More
4 years 7 months ago #32749 by Chuck69
I have a 2001 Durango with, the 5.9L gas and auto. Rodents ate my plug and coil wires, so, those were replaced. I also replaced the cap and rotor since they were badly corroded. The electrical integrity of the TPS, MAP, and IAC have been tested. I removed and checked the TPS, seems good.
I also found the rodents ate the insulation on the output spped sensor at the trans. Repaired the wiring, and the shudder got better at highway speed, but did not totally go away. The plugs have been removed and checked, they seemed a bit moist. Again, I say, no codes are set. Where should I turn my attention?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #32754 by Cheryl
Got a scanner that can read misfire data? How’s the plugs look?

More
4 years 7 months ago #32770 by Chuck69
I can read some data, not as much as Danner. Most of the plugs looked a little damp, not soaked, just wetter than they should.

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds