Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

07 Toyota Avalon 2GR-FE. Stalls @ Idle , Hot , A/C On and steering wheel @ Lock.

More
4 years 8 months ago #32740 by ptebo1
Hello. I have been working on a 2007 Toyota Avalon for a couple of days now. The symptom is it stalls only when its hot, The A/C has to be on and the steering wheel has to be held @ max left or max right. Customer says it happens when he is backing up places. I am able to duplicate it. There are no DTC`s. LT fuel trim is 10% on bank 1 and 3% on bank 2. I have Very thoroughly cleaned the Throttle body and MAF sensor. No change... I have verified with scan tool data that the power steering pressure switch does change to "ON" when the steering wheel is turned and during the stall event. I have also verified the A/C "ON" signal is displayed on the scan tool.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #32763 by Tyler
Any attempts to relearn the idle strategy since cleaning the throttle body? Toyota's won't always figure it out on their own. :angry:

Best bet is to disconnect the battery, OR remove the ETCS fuse for a few minutes. Should be in the underhood fuse box. Either will force the ECM to relearn its idle strategy. Beware, it may start and stall on the first crank attempt afterwards. ;) Crank it again and let it idle.

More
4 years 8 months ago #32766 by ptebo1
Thank you for the reply. I will try dis-connecting the battery for a while and attempt to re-learn the idle strategy.

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds