Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2007 Toyota RAV4, 2.4l engine, AWD DTC P0741

More
4 years 8 months ago #32585 by rizer
The vehicle has the above code but appears to shift fine. I don't see or feel any over revving when torque converter is supposed to be locked. Watching data on scan tool (Solus Ultra), I can see the solenoid is engaging and the converter appears to go in and out of lock. I am new to this game but it appears to be something electrical or the computer has a problem. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #32597 by Tyler
Hey rizer!

Are you sure that there's an acceptable amount of slip happening with the TCC solenoid engaged? :huh: My service info says this code sets when a difference of 100 RPM or more is detected between the NE sensor (engine speed) and NT sensor (turbine speed). Could you get a capture of those sensors, plus the DSL solenoid (TCC) command and vehicle speed during a test drive?

It probably goes without asking, but how is the trans fluid level and quality? How many miles on this trans?

SD did a fantastic two-part series on this very code, but I can't find it now. :angry: I'll do more digging and post it here when I find it. In the mean time, there's some great information in this discussion thread:

www.scannerdanner.com/forum/scannerdanne...d-troubleshooti.html

More
4 years 8 months ago #32610 by Tyler

More
4 years 8 months ago #32621 by rizer
Thank you for the quick reply. I will watch the videos to see if it helps me and will try to get the data you are looking for. As I said I am new to this diagnostic stuff (60 years old and self taught) so it may take me awhile to figure out how to get what you are asking for.
The trans has 156k miles on it and the fluid has been recently changed. I drained the fluid, dropped the pan and changed the filter and gasket and refilled with new fluid. The old fluid was black but did not smell unusual to me. I drove the car for awhile and drained the fluid and refilled. I then drained that fluid, dropped and cleaned the solenoids and refilled with new fluid (yesterday). I have driven the car today, several times shutting off the ignition and restarting. As of now no MIL.
I was looking at scan data the other day while driving and could see the lock solenoid was on and the trans would drop in and out of lock up.
Thanks, again. I truly appreciate your time.

More
4 years 8 months ago #32622 by rizer
Thanks to Noah for finding the video. I searched the code the other day and did not find it.

More
4 years 8 months ago #32634 by Tyler
Sounds like the PCM is happy. :) Let us know if the code comes back, and we'll be happy to help.

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds