Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Codes are PO500, P1212, P1721 and V1001

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #32551 by 9w1911
Ok this is my first post here, but I think it is understandable why I am here when I explain my troubles.

Truck: 2010 Nissan Titan SE 4wd 84k

This winter I got in my truck and all the dash indicator lights came on:
VDC, ABS, SLIP, 4WD, Brake, Engine, Tires

Brought to a mechanic for diag, they could not find the issues, brought to a second mechanic and same they could not diag.

Codes are a PO500, P1212, P1721 and V1001

Here is the real issue. When I was out tinkering with the truck I found mouse dropping and footprints running all over the engine, I set two traps and got two big mice. The upon more inspection I found some mice damage under the intake.
I brought it back to the mechanic and told them about the damage and wanted to charge 500 for that fix. So I decide to do it myself. I repaired this before seeing any videos here so maybe I need to text the current there to make sure I did the right job. When I pulled the intake there was a huge mouse house. I did not see any other damage under the intake and assumed I repaired it well.

Well a week ago all warning lights shut off and the truck went back to normal for 5 days. But now all the warning lights are back.

Today I decided to check the fuses with a test light, it was the first time I had used one and I found one full bank of fuses getting no power, with the key on, or engine running at least 7 out of 10 fuses show zero power, when I few fuses in the same bank show good power.

Now the car will just about shut off when driving and the battery light will flicker. So this I assume is the alternator? so maybe that is effecting the VSS?

So, damage under the fuse box?

*I am not helpless working on cars but I have done my best to avoid anything on the electrical side until now
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by 9w1911.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #32615 by 9w1911
So why no power to a bank of fuses?
and also found one fuse 'bay' empty with just one live connector the other connector is missing, could this be the issue?

More
4 years 8 months ago #32665 by 9w1911
I am willing to pay someone to help me over the phone.

More
4 years 8 months ago #32674 by Donut
A good place to start here would be to know what circuits those fuses are powering. It would also be good to know out of those 4 original codes before you did the fix, which codes came back, or did all of the same codes come back? All of those codes look to be dealing with ABS communication. I'd double check your repair first and look for any new signs of rodent damage.

The battery light may just be coming on due to low RPMs, wouldn't start chasing that until there's a reason to.

"Don't ever say 'easy' until the check clears."

More
4 years 8 months ago #32675 by Crombie
check the voltage of the battery be nice to see about 12.4v +, and see if it goes up to approx 14v running, the power issues all start at the battery, I would reset the PCM codes.. personally, to see what codes come back. One of your codes in no communication with the ABS module, but I've seen where it did work it was just electrical issues at the time must shut stuff down sometimes, and another code is a wheel speed sensor, but I would make sure battery is over 12v, and check volts running first, then rest codes and see what comes back.

More
4 years 8 months ago #32676 by Andy_
Quick question for ya. What kind of scan tool are you using, and is it capable of accessing more than just the powertrain?

More
4 years 8 months ago #32677 by Chad

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)
Attachments:

More
4 years 8 months ago #32683 by 9w1911
Oh great thank you all so much, I am going to take some pics and video for help.
1 all codes were the same when I first had this checked months ago, they just all come back.
2 had the battery checked today and it was at 12.8 not running, however, the guys at Advanced auto told me my factory battery connectors were worn and need to be replaced, that even tightened they were still loose. Also said he didn't trust his tester for the alternator but now that I am home I can test it while running.
3 Chad thank you for that diagram I did not have it

More
4 years 8 months ago #32684 by Andy_
Maybe now with the wiring diagrams that Chad posted you could take a picture of the fuse block and show us which fuses don't have power and we could see what is common to them.

More
4 years 8 months ago #32689 by 9w1911
Ok, I am back from my first exploration of the truck.
First off the Power Probe is worth its weight in gold.
The battery was at 14.3 while running and all fuses read that too when running and 12.8 when the key was just on the on position.

1. The area I worked on and the area where there was the mouse damage read 0.8 at the connector on both sides. There are two power leads, wires? that both read 0.8 and the N was 0.0. This is two brown wires that have a negative wrap and a plastic-coated hot wire in the middle. Both were damaged accept I did not fix one that only had chew marks on the casing. These wires run under the air intake and connect to sensors on either side of the heads. What are these?
2. All speed sensors read 9.7 w/ key on and 9.9 when running on both sides the negative never read 0.0, it read 9.4 on all-wheel speed sensors.

More
4 years 8 months ago #32690 by 9w1911
Found one fuse blew in that bank and all others read ground 0.0, others were powered up to 12+.
One issue was still found the 10amp fuse bay with just one connector. I have a picture and will upload it.

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #32692 by 9w1911
The brown wire may be part of the starting/charging system but just starting to learn to read these diagrams.

*Ah so the brown wire must get hot when you turn the key. So this has a relay obviously.
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by 9w1911. Reason: update

More
4 years 8 months ago #32699 by Andy_
Ok, you're battery seems ok for now, and right now the alternator is charging, we know that much.

Personally, I'd have a little more focus on what you know. All of your codes are for ABS and wheel speed sensor stuff.

Do you have a scan tool that has ABS capabilities? Let's start there.

More
4 years 8 months ago #32702 by 9w1911
I wish

More
4 years 8 months ago #32713 by Crombie
Check fusible link I, in the engine compartment, 30A or 40A. And fuse 50 somewhere in the engine compartment, both are for ABS according to the wiring Diagram that Chad uploaded

More
4 years 8 months ago #32730 by 9w1911
Ok I think I know what this is and it is a pain point for certain Nissan owners and can be very corrosive.

More
4 years 8 months ago #32835 by Andy_
Did you find the fusible link yet?

More
4 years 8 months ago #32846 by 9w1911
I did and everything is good, 12v from the fusible link, good ABS fuse is fuse box and 12v from the wire harness to the ABS modulator. When everything comes online all sensors work great, then things go back to where we are now. So I am assuming no the ABS mod is bad.

More
4 years 8 months ago #32959 by 9w1911
So update, the power to all-wheel speed sensors is low according to Nissan, I am at 10.9v and Nissan say I need to be at battery voltage, or 12.8. All sensors read 10.9v so I am getting resistance in the harness somewhere they said, and even though I added a new to me ABS Modulator I will need to have it reprogrammed by Nissan.

More
4 years 7 months ago #33018 by Andy_
Are you getting 10.9v to the wheel speed sensors with the key on, or is that when the engine is running?

Time to create page: 0.270 seconds