Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

All injectors are open and firing

More
4 years 8 months ago #32327 by nathan.brook
I have a 1992 Lexus es300, car smokes, fuel coming out of exhaust, power loss sputter and shakes, very very bad gas mileage <15/half tank. This problem was solved when I changed the ECU right after I bought it. With that I changed all injectors, cat, spark plugs and wires, air filter, pcv valve, intake gasket, cleaned throttle body....

Car ran fine almost for a whole year and just started having intermittent smoking and shaking a while ago and now it's undrivable because it uses toooo much gas and has almost no power and leaves an embarrassing amount of black heavy smoke( Not head gasket for sure). A week ago mechanic replaced the fuel pressure damper and the shaking was gone for a day and the car sounded fine but the power was not back to normal. The next day the car is acting up all over again l...too it back and the mechanic said the damper failed again, in a day.
I can see the damper is brand new and he told me to get a fuel pressure regulator and he will get the damper under warranty. Anybody here familiar with this? It's a 92 manual transmission Lexus ES300 with 3.0 V6 3VZFE engine

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #32330 by Deltron
I'd make sure it wasn't being commanded that rich first

More
4 years 8 months ago #32331 by nathan.brook
How can I check it? I have changed the ECU and I don't know how to find or figure out an electric shorting out somewhere

More
4 years 8 months ago #32379 by Tutti57
Does it do this all the time? Definitely limit running the engine or you'll end up putting another converter in it from melt down.

Do you know anyone with a scope? It would be nice to know if the O2 sensor is doing its job. You could pull an intake hose and see if it leans out. An incorrectly stuck lean sensor would command rich.

Nissan Technician - ASE L1 Master Tech

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds