Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

06 Chevy impala 129k miles 3.9l eng.

More
4 years 8 months ago #32298 by Dtnel
Passenger right rear door won’t open from inside or outside. What’s a easy way to get it open so we can get in panel and see what’s wrong. I’m thinking something is broke or disconnected.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #32299 by Tyler
Dunno what kind of tooling you have available, but this SMA video might give you some ideas:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dtnel

More
4 years 8 months ago #32531 by Dtnel

Tyler wrote: Dunno what kind of tooling you have available, but this SMA video might give you some ideas:

Thanks Tyler! Ordered a $45 lockout kit with plenty of various shape rods and it arrives this past weekend so I’ll be digging the borescope out soon and seeing what’s going on and what I can do.

More
4 years 7 months ago #33000 by Dtnel
Now that I finished the daughters fuel tank, got the exhaust welded and the oil changed on her car I get to go play with the door using a camera. Hopefully just a disconnected rod.

Also have mini misfires to deal with which will be a first but gotta learn somewhere which is why I have these tools, to make me better someday. Well, the days have come.

More
2 years 7 months ago #51253 by Dtnel
Got the door done awhile back. Forgot to post a follow up. Was able to remove the door panel with the door closed. It can be done on the 06 model. Lubed, worked the latch/lock assy multiple times and finally door latch assy started working.

Put everything back on and now it's been working fine for quite awhile now.

Now need to address the mini misfires that are occuring if I snap throttle regardless of eng temp, how long or little we've had it running.

It did this even after new plugs, wires a couple years ago. What I'm wondering is I suspect mechanical issue such as the VVT, Cam Phaser I think it has then what would I be looking for specifically on the scanner data as I've got nil to no experience with the VVT system, etc.

Could this be a issue or should I take a different approach? It's multiple mini misfires or one could say when off snap throttle it acts line it's stumbling.

I could maybe get a video tomorrow between heading to put a hour or two in on the Ford engine swap I have going on and link it to my Dropbox Acct so it could be seen or link it to a private YouTube video that the link would be shared only to this forum on.

Let me know your thoughts if anyone has any regarding the stumbling/Misfiring...

Thanks!

More
2 years 7 months ago #51254 by Dtnel
Just realized it's been a little over 2 yrs since I'd resurrected this thread.....

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds