Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2010 Hyundai Sonata, 2.4L 4 cylinder Sdn. p0880 Mil code

More
4 years 9 months ago #32217 by paulgrab12
Hello,

I have a 2010 Sonata and it has a check engine light and reports a P880 fault code, TCM power supply problem and
the trans seems to be stuck in 3rd.
I took it to a Hyundai dealer
because I bought a service contract with the car (used) and expected it to be covered.( It wasn't)
The dealer informed me that the TCM needs to be replaced and said it would be about $1200.and labor.
They also claimed it would be 2 weeks or more before it would be delivered.

I then sent the module to a repair service that I found online. They found a software error and said they found
no hardware defects. After being driven a few miles the fault and symptoms returned.

I have no service data on the vehicle. I checked the obvious suspects, fuses connectors etc.
I suspected the ATM relay,as it checked open between the 85 and 86 terminals and continuity between terminals
30 and 87. I bought an exact replacement and it had the same readings new out of the box.
I really need to get this resolved. I would gladly take it somewhere to be repaired but I really don't know
anywhere I can trust. .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds